The World Egg Bank is the largest and longest operating egg bank in the world, shipping oocytes worldwide since 2004. We will ship eggs and embryos directly to your clinic. You DO NOT need to travel to an affiliate clinic or change from a current doctor who you feel comfortable with. Let us come to you.
Special Considerations for Australian Recipients:
The World Egg Bank donors comply with Australian state laws and national regulations, including both External Donor Gamete Compliance and Internal Donor Gamete Compliance:
- RTAC Code of Practice – October 2010 (Under review)
- Victoria – Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 2008 & Assisted Reproductive Treatment Regulations 2009
- SA – Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 1998 & Assisted Reproductive Treatment Regulations 2010
- WA – Human Reproductive Technology Act 1991 & Human Reproductive Technology Act Directions 2004
- NSW – Assisted Reproductive Technology Act 2007 (Reviewed late 2013) & Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation 2009
- Donor Identification registry
- Donor use for no more than 5 families
- Commonwealth legislation
- Prohibition of Human Cloning for Reproduction and the Regulation of Human Embryo Research Amendment Act 2006*
- NHMRC Ethical guidelines on the use of ART in clinical practice and research 2007 (Under review)
- ART Clinic policies and procedures
Our donors go through ANZICA/VARTA counseling, and your donor’s contact information is submitted to your clinic.
The World Egg Bank does not pay donors for their eggs; we provide donor reimbursement for expenses only – such as childcare, lost wages, and travel.
Selecting Your Donor Eggs
Inform your Clinic and Select your Donor
Inform your clinic that you are inquiring about purchasing eggs from The World Egg Bank. You can register on-line to view all of our donors, with photographs and full medical histories, free of charge at any time. Once you have narrowed down your donor choices, please contact our Client Representative, Tonya Heilbrun, at Tonya@TheWorldEggBank.com. We will help guide you to your final donor selection.
Our Client Representative will email you our contract once you have made your donor selection. Once you email the signed contract back and we have your completed payment, we will make a reservation for your donor eggs.
We will Speak with your Clinic
Once you have a contract in place with us, we will contact your clinic to inform them that you have purchased eggs from us. If your clinic has not received eggs from us before, we will have your clinic fill out minor paperwork.
Cycle and Egg Retrieval
If you have selected a Custom Choice™ donor, the donor’s final screening and cycle stimulation will begin. This process can take up to four months. The eggs will be frozen (vitrified) at egg retrieval and are then ready to ship to your clinic.
The World Egg Bank works with your clinic to coordinate the shipment of your frozen eggs for thaw, fertilization, and transfer. Once the donor eggs are frozen, shipment could happen within a week.
If this is the first time your clinic has gotten eggs from The World Egg Bank we will schedule to verify your clinic. Our embryologist will be there the first time your clinic thaws our eggs to ensure you get the best outcome possible, at no charge to you or your clinic.